About Me

My photo
the big BK, NY, United States
I am an everyday, down to earth individual who enjoys a good laugh and a great debate.I am an Emerging Technology Consultant/Trainer at http://www.futurenetsconsulting.com I am a bookworm, music addict and geek .I enjoy educational TV, Discovery Channel, Nova, Channel 13 and loves AM radio.

Do you think Green IT is needed?

The Word On The Wire Is..Aerohive Training.

on Tuesday, December 29, 2009

        I am excited to report to you guys some great news coming out of Aerohive Networks. They are offering, IMHO, a superb training program. For those who did not catch the buzz, Aerohive Networks is the innovative new WLAN company that is creating quite a stir in the wi-fi world. They have heated up debate and discussion with their Cooperative Control Access Points. Some may ask, so what's new? Get this, they have introduced a WLAN technology that eliminates controllers. Remember those super  expensive bottlenecks? Yep! They have introduced a technology providing access points that share information, these are creatively called HiveAPs. These APs provide all the benefits of a controller-based WLAN solution. There is so much to say about their products. Go see for yourself why I'm enthused.

I am freaking out! A Cisco 2125 WLAN controller goes for between 4-5 grand. Dude, a catalyst 3750G integrated is about $13k, ouch! I'm sure Cisco is pleased with these"rogues". What about 3COM who has one coming in at $7k. It's getting hot in here! All those small companies that are cash strapped, your day has come.

Aerohive's decision to offer this training is an opportunity to get in with a great company and I'm scraping my jeans pocket trying to find some dollars to register. Think about this, if you got your CWNA and CWSP, it's the perfect upgrade. I think I am slightly qualified to spot a WLAN resume boost having taught both CWNA and CWSP for a few years.You can visit the website, I don't have any information on costs but I do know that Devin Akin former CTO at CWNP.com is a player with Aerohive so that tells me there is some serious brain power over there.

P.S. I'm being asked if I work for Aerohive. Answer is no. I've been blogging about Symbol for years and never worked for them. I just have a nose for quality.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

As much as someone may totally disagree with an opinion, please, in your comments, no matter how strong, try to keep it clean.